How to Join
- Participants must form a team of three (3) members and they should represent a local government unit (LGU), organization, school, company or an institution based within the 5th district of Camarines Sur. Participants who do not belong to a team may also join individually.
- Teams and individual participants must be equipped with basic photography skills and a DSLR, digital camera or cellphone with camera.
- Teams and individual participants must create an account in the Wikimedia Commons website (http://commons.wikimedia.org) using an alias, legal name or the organization being represented.
- Teams and individual participants must upload/donate to Wikipedia, thru Wikimedia Commons website, up to three (3) new photographs or videos, which members have personally taken using a digital camera or cellphone with camera, about Rinconada district or the organization, school, company, institution or LGU that is being represented.
- Each photograph or video must contain 1-3 sentences description in either English, Bikol or Rinconada language, and be categorized under: “Wikipedia Takes Rinconada”, the name of the team (e.g. “Team LGU Iriga”) if necessary, the location where the photograph or video was taken (e.g. “Iriga City, Camarines Sur”)
- Using their respective Facebook account, team members must subscribe or Like the official Facebook pages of the event and the community: “Wikipedia Takes Rinconada” and “Rinconada Bikol Wikipedia”
- Applicants shall be notified thru their Wikimedia Commons Talk Page and Facebook account if their team qualified in the competition. Walk in and late registrants shall be notified by the secretariat.
- Teams shall be selected based on the basic photography skills and familiarity with uploading media (e.g. images, audios, videos) in the website of the applicants.
- Registration fee for qualified participants is PHP300.00 per team, inclusive of three (3) souvenir shirts and kits; and the same amount of registration fee for individual participants, inclusive of one (1) souvenir shirt and kit.
- Applications are still welcome. Period of competition is from December 19, 2015 until January 9, 2016.
Guidelines and Mechanics
- Seven to twenty (7 - 20) teams and individual participants shall be selected among the applicants.
- Applicants who are not selected may participate in a Bikol Rinconada Wikipedia lecture-workshops scheduled on December 19, 2015 (Saturday) and January 16, 2015 (Saturday) at Iriga City Library, Iriga City.
- Participants are given until January 9, 2016 to complete the List of Goals within the City of Iriga and municipalities of Baao, Balatan, Bato, Bula, Buhi and Nabua.
- Photo Hunting:
- Participants are encouraged to travel using public transportation. Fare will be shouldered by the team.
- Members may not work together at some point or team up with other participants or teams during the entire activity, however only the photographs and videos gathered by respective members will be credited to the team.
- Significance of the subjects - Only public buildings, religious structures and educational institutions with historical and cultural significance; relevant establishments, notable locals and people; and picturesque nature should be photographed.
- Quality of shots - High resolution, focused, proper framing and exposure are the basic requirements for the photographs to earn points. Here are some tips on improving your building photography.
- Source - Photographs must be taken with the same camera used by the team during the entire duration of the competition.
- Significance of the subjects - Actual activities, performance and rendition of a person of cultural significance should be captured in video.
- Quality of clips - High resolution, focused, proper framing and 15—60 seconds in length are the basic requirements for the videos to earn points.
- Source - Videos must be taken with the same camera used by the team during the entire duration of the competition.
- Photographs and videos must be uploaded, within the day which they are taken or during the given period, by the team members using their respective accounts in Wikimedia Commons website (December 19, 2015 until January 9, 2016).
- Only the photographs and videos which the participants participants wish to upload/donate to Wikimedia Commons shall be credited to the team or to the individual, respectively.
- Up to three (3) sentences information, either in English, Bikol or Rinconada language, about the subject must be provided as a description of the photograph or video.
- Each photograph or video must be categorized under the name of the team (e.g. Team LGU Baao), if necessary, and the location where the photograph or video was taken (e.g. Iriga City, Camarines Sur).
- Teams earn two points (2 pts) for each subject covered. An additional one point (1 pt) is earned for various shots on each item or different subjects.
- The top three (3) teams with the highest total points shall win the competition. The individual participant with the most unique shots among other individual participants with over 150 photographs and videos shall win a special prize.
- 1st Prize - PHP7,500.00
- 2nd Prize - PHP4,500.00
- 3rd Prize - PHP3,000.00
- Special Prize - PHP3,000.00
Gallery of photographs and videos captured during WTR
Thirteen photography enthusiasts participated in Wikipedia Takes Rinconada and captured over 1,000 landmarks in Rinconada district.
Waterfalls in Baao, Camarines Sur by Team Piltik
Children playing the traditional game at Agta settlement area by Team Piltik
Team Piltik (1st Prize winners) on the way to a site in Iriga City
Monument of Don Gregorio O. Balatan by Team CBSUA-REPED
Team CBSUA-REPED (2nd Prize winners) in Balatan, Camarines Sur
A young Aeta boy by Team CBSUA-CDE
Team CBSUA-CDE (3rd Prize winners) with Venus Raj
Monument of Sarikaw in Buhi, Camarines Sur by Team Hiras-Dunong
Ilian Tribe Cemetery in Iriga City by Team Hiras-Dunong
A member of Team Hiras-Dunong in action
Parish of the Most Holy Trinity in Bato, Camarines Sur by Nev Valenzuela